Tuesday, November 24, 2009

firefox problem with wireless connection

I had problem visiting some websites with firefox. The pages could not
render, refresh didn't work either. How ever, I could see that the source
was loaded.

The most weird thing was that google-chrome could still work at the same
time, which made me think it was not a networking problem but a bug with
the newly upgraded firefox. I tried re-installing the firefox and all
its dependence, where aptitude worked as well as google-chrome, yet this
didn't help solve the problem.

The real cause for this problem turn out to be with the wireless
connection, and if replaced the TP-LINK wirelss card (TL-WN510G) with a
wired connection problems went away. This is found out using wireshark,
after captured a lot of TCP Retransmission packets.

I still can not understand why would things like this happen: no other
applications but firefox would have problems with the wireless connection
(apt-get and google-chrome works), and, the problems are limited to a
few websites (51job would fail while google.com works).

It maybe related to the tcp connections limitation at a same time, but
this is just my guess.

No comments: