Sunday, July 13, 2008

what shall I do? mind mapping tool under linux

That's what I was thinking about when I woke up in the morning. I left the bed and walked to the sofa, siting there keep on thinking about the question WHAT SHALL I DO?


Then, I thought of a mind mapping software called Freemind on my Acer Note Book. Yes, it must be helpful with finding the answer!


I remembered of the bad route table after start my Ubuntu, so I run the command 'ip link set eth0 down' to mend it and 'ip r' to make sure that it worked.


yang@acer:~$ freemind


okay, it started. But I can't inert a second node after the first one 'What shall I do?'


It took me about 10 minutes to find out the reason: the Java program just stopped responding to my keyboard.


^C, freemind


Restart the program to try my luck, yet failed again.


apt-get update


apt-get upgrade


update the packages on my system to see if there is a solution. none.


search on the Internet for an alternate, failed.


Decided to write a blog to record the bad experience, and thought of the blog posting client. Tried all 3 installed on my system, and count the start time to choose the quickest, of which I can't find the name.


7:10, 1 hour had past. Quit a long time, huh? Not really, compared with the routine time I spend on PC and Internet, this time is short enough for I didn't go on searching about how to write a freemind-like software.


At last, there is still the question: WHAT SHALL I DO?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PS: After I push the Post button, the blog posting client disappeared immediately, which made me quit nervous for I think the passage may be lost. seems to be lucky this time ^_^